Refractory Materials and Specialty Products since 1950
The company Bernhard Jacob GmbH in Völklingen-Ludweiler is family owned, since its foundation by Mr. Bernhard Jacob (1923-2001) in the year 1950. The clientele consists primarily of customers from the iron and steel industry. For this application range the company offers a wide variety of products and the respective services.
Within the first 20 years, products from the mining of sand and the production of silicosis non-hazardous blasting medium were the core of the overall production.
First contacts to the iron and steel industry developed already during the 50’s due to the delivery of foundry sands. In 1972, the production of different slide gate filling sands for the steel mill sector was started.
In order to meet the ever-increasing customer-specific requirements for refractory products, the company is increasingly investing in the construction of modern, fully electronically controlled production facilities and in the equipment of the development department since 1980 until today.
The cooperation with nearby steel mills and the application-technological laboratories of the supplier industry are the ideal requisites for developing and implementing customer-specific products.